Tuition & Affordability
Making the high school decision is very important to families, as it lays the foundation for college and life success. Tuition and fees are often a challenging consideration to families, and it is our AHA mission to make a Holy Angels education a reality for a widely diverse community of students.
In actuality, each and every AHA student is the beneficiary of scholarship as the cost of tuition does not cover the full cost to educate a Holy Angels student. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, our fundraising events (Steak Fry and Starfest), and our annual fund, we are able to discount our actual tuition cost.
Tuition Assistance is offered to new and returning students through various opportunities:
St. Joseph Academic Scholarships
Flaherty Family Foundation Scholarship
- These awards honor eighth-grade students who, through their academic performance, character and community service, are living out the AHA Way during their grade school years. These are merit-based scholarships and do not require demonstrated financial need. Students do not need to complete an additional application as we use the admissions materials that are submitted. This scholarship is renewable over the 4 years of attendance at AHA provided the student maintains a 3.25 GPA.
- Academy of Holy Angels partners with the Flaherty Family Foundation (FFF) to provide scholarships to high achieving 8th grade students who have high financial need.
Here are the criteria to apply for this scholarship, which will be renewed each year of high school provided students maintain the following requirements:
- 7th and 8th grade GPA of 3.5.
- Student is a strong contributor to his/her community, with a strong desire to attend AHA.
- Families must complete a TADS application (tads.com) with all required documentation by February 1, 2021.
- Demonstrate high financial need.
- Students are required to submit an application to FFF, and the FFF will select the students and families they will interview.
**Please know that the FFF offers much, much more than financial support to students. They offer academic support and coaching, funding for internships and other enrichment activities, and college and career support. Learn more about this scholarship at flahertyfamilyfoundation.org.
Additional Student Scholarships
- Very generous donors over the years have established scholarships to enable students who meet specific criteria an opportunity for additional funding. If you are interested in applying for these scholarships, please complete this application and return it to Nancy Cullen, Financial Aid Administrator.
Applying for Work Study Financial Aid:
Tuition and Fees:
- AHA uses the services of Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) to determine financial need. To be considered for aid, each family is required to complete a TADS financial aid application at www.tads.com. You can review a previously recorded TADS workshop HERE.
- Tuition and fees are set by our Board of Trustees in January for the next school year. Tuition for the 2022-23 academic year is $16,595. Tuition can be paid in one, three or ten payments. There is also a technology fee of $400 which covers the Chromebook, its warranties and software. A non-refundable registration fee of $330 is due when your student enrolls.
Key Financial Dates:
- November 1st: Online TADS Financial Aid Applications become available for the 2023-24 school year. We encourage you to begin the process early using your 2021 tax return and your most recent pay stub. However, you will need to update your application in January 2023 using your 2022 tax return. By applying early, our Financial Aid office can provide you with an estimated range of financial aid for which your family qualifies.
- January 7th: Financial Aid Workshop offered at AHA during the Placement Exam. A TADS representative will be on-site for training and Q&A. A Spanish-speaking representative will be available. This is the deadline for the first round of applications to AHA.
- February 1st: Online TADS Financial Aid Application Deadline, including supporting tax and income documentation. (If 2022 taxes are not completed, preliminary application may be completed using 2021 tax information.) Financial Aid Applications will be accepted after this date, but aid will be distributed to these applicants first and then to later applicants, as funds allow.
- February 24th: Online TADS Enrollment Deadline (freshmen), including payment of a registration fee. Enrollment will be accepted after this date, as space allows, but enrollment by Feb. 24th will allow the student to select classes on Registration Night, February 28th.
- March 1st: Financial Aid Application Deadline to update with 2022 year-end tax information and documentation (if not provided by Feb 1 deadline).
- April: Financial Aid Awards and Tuition Agreements emailed to families.
- May 1st: Online TADS Tuition Agreement Deadline.
Appealing financial aid decisions
A financial aid appeal can be filed if there is a significant financial change within the family or if the family is facing other extraordinary circumstances following the TADS application and original award offer. Financial Aid Appeal Guidelines and Form. We're here to help! Please contact Nancy Cullen, Student Accounts, at 612-798-2615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also start you conversation with Jim Decker at 612-798-0764 or email@example.com.
Returning Students Scholarships
These are awards based upon financial need and merit (strong academic achievement, leadership potential and demonstrated community service.)
The Scholarship Application for Returning Students may be downloaded here. Required Teacher Recommendation form may be downloaded here.
Important Deadlines/Instructions for Scholarship Applications:
- Complete a TADS Financial Assessment Form by January 15, 2021.
- Complete the scholarship application by February 1, 2021.
- Have a current Teacher Recommendation completed and on file by February 5, 2021.
- Be registered for classes at AHA for the 2020-2021 school year by February 5, 2021.