General information and scope of this policy
Academy of Holy Angels (AHA) seeks to respect and protect the privacy of our visitors and only gathers personally identifiable information, such as names, addresses, zip codes, email addresses, etc. when voluntarily submitted by a user.
This policy applies to the information we collect about individuals through the publicly available portions of this website as well as information collected through Blackbaud software (myAHA and RENXT), TADS, and other embedded or linked forms, such as Google forms.
By using our website, users are consenting to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of the information users provide as described in this policy.
Links to third-party websites and services
This site contains links to other sites. Academy of Holy Angels is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites. We encourage our users to be diligent stewards of their personal information by reading the privacy statements of websites before submitting personally identifiable information.
Information we collect
Academy of Holy Angels is the sole owner of information collected by Academy of Holy Angels through our website. We will not sell or rent this information to any other individual, business or organization. AHA collects information from our users by a variety of methods, such as by phone calls, donations, pledges, forms submitted via the web, or mailed communications. In no instance will AHA give or sell any information that we have gathered from any of our constituents. AHA, on occasion, may provide private information to third parties for school-related purposes. AHA works only with reputable third parties for such purposes. Any private information is handled in a secure manner and is never sold, rented, or otherwise shared for purposes other than those of AHA.
We collect personal information:
(a) directly from users (for example when a user sets up an account on our website); and
(b) through automated technologies and interactions (for example, as a user interacts with and through our website).
Use of information collected
We only use a user’s personal information in accordance with applicable law. Generally, we use the information we collect through our site to provide users with a personalized experience, to provide the information or service users request, to facilitate a transaction (for example, a donation) that users initiate, to improve our products and services, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts or to contact users with information we believe will be of interest to them (in accordance with any privacy preferences they have expressed to us).
How we share user information
We share user information only when it is necessary for the functionality of our website, when it is legally required, or when permitted by the user. We share personal information with third parties in these ways:
- With Third-Party Vendors: AHA shares information collected through our website with third-party vendors that act on our behalf. For example, we use Blackbaud to provide myAHA, as well as online donation and registration forms. When a user gives us an email address, the user consents to it being used for AHA marketing purposes. We will never sell a user’s email addresses for profit.
- With other users of the site: Users may be able to submit user-generated content on or through AHA website. In this policy, “User-Generated Content” refers to the content users post or submit to us using the tools we make available to them. Any personal information contained in user-generated content may be read, collected or used by others. In addition, we may use user-generated content users submit for advertising campaigns or other promotions. We may or may not use a user’s name in connection with such use and we may or may not seek a user’s consent before using the content for such purposes. Therefore, users should have no expectation of privacy with respect to the user-generated content on or through our website.
- With Other, Carefully Selected Business Partners. From time to time, we may share user information with selected third parties for their own marketing purposes. For example, we may partner with third parties to sponsor contests or other promotions, and we may share with these third parties the information users submit to us to participate in the contest or take advantage of the promotion. Before doing so, however, we may offer users the opportunity to "opt out" or "opt in," as required by applicable law.
- In aggregate or anonymized form: We use information collected through our website to create a compiled, aggregate view of usage patterns. We may share aggregate or anonymized information with third parties so they can better understand our user base. Third parties typically use this information for analytical purposes and to market their own products and services.
- As Part of a Business Transfer. User information may be transferred to a successor organization if, for example, we transfer the ownership or operation of our website to another organization or if we merge with another organization. If such a transfer occurs, the successor organization's use of user information will still be subject to this Policy and the privacy preferences users have expressed to us.
- As Described in a Privacy Notice or Click-Through Agreement. We reserve the right to disclose user information as described in any Privacy Notice posted on a page of our website where users provide that information. By users providing information on that page, users will be consenting to the disclosure of their information as described in that privacy notice. We also reserve the right to disclose user information as described in any click–through agreement to which users have agreed.
We share information about users that have been aggregated or anonymized, including activity data (see above), such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify a user in any way for any lawful purpose.
Information collected from children
Users must be at least 13 years old to have our permission to use our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age on our website.
Third party tracking
Academy of Holy Angels uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including users' preferences, and the pages on the website that the user accessed. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our webpage content based on users' browser type and/or other information.
Security: protecting user information
Academy of Holy Angels maintains reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information users submit on or through our website. Unfortunately, no website, app or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” We therefore cannot guarantee that users’ personal information will not be disclosed, misused or lost, whether by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
We have implemented measures designed to secure users’ personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees and other service providers who need access to users’ personal information to fulfill their employment duties will have access to it. All information users provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of a user’s information also depends on the user. If we give a user a password, the user is responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of users’ personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at a user’s own risk.
We will maintain a user’s personal information for as long as it is needed, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
Access to user information
We will comply with any rights provided to users under applicable law. In addition, users can review and change their personal information by logging into myAHA and visiting their account profile page. Users may also contact us using the contact details below to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that users have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How to reach us
Academy of Holy Angels
6600 Nicollet Ave S
Richfield, MN 55423