Dear AHA Families,
This week, Academy of Holy Angels will unite with Catholic Schools across the U.S. to celebrate Catholic Schools Week 2021. Each year, there is a theme chosen by the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA), and this year’s theme is Catholic Schools: Faith. Excellence. Service. Holy Angels is blessed to have so many excellent mission-driven educators who bring this message of hope to our 635 students each day.
We are grateful to our parents who have thoughtfully made the decision to choose Holy Angels and a Catholic education for their sons and daughters. A Catholic education at AHA allows our students to pursue academic excellence within a community inspired by our Catholic faith… a faith journey that is universal and inclusive of all faiths both Catholic and non-Catholic.
We cannot thank our faculty and staff whose hard work, flexibility, and faithful service assists parents in the academic and spiritual formation of our students. In a year like no other, they have risen to the challenge and remained steadfast to our mission of excellence in faith-based academics.
Grateful is the term that most exemplifies our feelings today as we prepare for a week of honoring and celebrating our Catholicity as an institution. We cannot express enough our sincere gratitude for each and every sacrifice that is made so that teachers can teach and learners can learn at this Catholic high school… Academy of Holy Angels.
Happy Catholic Schools Week!
Sincerely in Christ,
Tom Shipley Heidi Foley
Celebrating Catholic Schools Week & Sno Daze
Sno Daze is AHA's annual celebration in conjunction with Catholic Schools Week. The theme of Catholic Schools Week is Celebrating Catholic Schools: Faith, Excellence, Service. We will be celebrating with the students through masses, prayers, and fun activities planned for each day. For our liturgies, we are happy that we will be able to gather as a community in the gym with half of the school on each day following the guidelines from the Archdiocese. The schedule is as follows:
- February 1-5 will be out-of-uniform with a daily theme.
- On BLUE Days (February 1 & 5): Come as you are! Wear your most comfortable clothes or pajamas.
- On GOLD Days (February 2 & 4): College day! Seniors can wear the sweatshirt of their college decision and everyone else can wear the sweatshirt of their favorite/dream college.
- TRIVIA: On Monday and Friday there will be trivia games during lunch, so remember to bring your Chromebook to lunch!
- Tuesday, February 2 & Thursday, February 4: Celebrating Catholic Schools Week Liturgies during the homeroom time.