The AHA Cultural Awareness Committee and Diversity Club would like to share a schedule of enriching and educational events they have planned as we come together to honor and celebrate Martin Luther King Junior Day and Black History Month.
We encourage parents to engage in dialogue with your students about these activities, and please reach out to Michael Kautzman with additional questions or ideas.Thank you to our Diversity Club members who have taken an active leadership and planning role in many of these activities!
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Convocation (Jan. 19)
- Theology/CMT anti-racism curriculum & MLK 'Suitcase Project' exhibit in library
- Diversity Club Convocation (Jan. 25)
- Catholic Schools Week Mass
- Diversity Club meeting with special guest Cynthia Mathenge '17 (Feb.); more info about Ms. Mathenge HERE
- Diversity Club Convocation - MLK "I Have a Dream" Speech and Student/Staff Pledge to Non-Violence (Jan. 26 & 28)
- Administration attendance at “CSJ Association of Schools Conference” (Jan. 27) featuring Dr. Shannen Dee Williams of Villanova University and her presentation titled Why the History of Black Catholic Women and Girls in the United States Matters and a presentation of The CSSJ Charism Through the Lens of Anti-Racism
- Diversity Club and Social Justice Club Collaboration: Black History Month School Wide Poster Project (Feb 1 & 2)
- Staff Book Club: A Good Time for the Truth (February)
- Dr. Tyner second staff presentation (Feb. 12); more info about Dr. Tyner HERE