The intent of the back to school survey was to gather important feedback from all AHA current parents, including the parents of incoming freshmen and transfer students, regarding their preferences and comfort levels of different learning scenarios during the COVID-19 pandemic. It was sent to 902 parent email addresses in late July 2020.
Results & Highlights:
- 556 parents responded to the survey.
- Responses were split evenly among parents of 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade parents.
- 71% of respondents somewhat supported or strongly supported AHAHybrid instruction.
- 81% of respondents somewhat supported or strongly supported full on campus instruction.
- The large majority of respondents said that they felt somewhat safe or extremely safe having their students return under all three models (on campus, AHAHybrid, AHAOnline).
- Respondents reported the following regarding their concern about their student(s) becoming infected with COVID-19 while attending school: not concerned (38%), somewhat concerned (47%), or extremely concerned (15%).
- 80% of respondents felt their student would do extremely well or somewhat well in the AHAHybrid model.