Reflections from Principal Foley:
Last week, I attended El Camino de las Estrellas (The Road to/of the Stars) with Mrs. Cassidy's fourth hour Church History Class, paying homage to the pilgrims and pilgrimage of El Camino de Santiago in Spain. I thank Mrs. Cassidy and Mrs. McComas-Bussa who jointly planned this event for all junior students.
El Camino de las Estrellas visited seven shrines on the AHA campus. At each site, students took turns reading intentions for those that came before us. We prayed for and honored those who make up the beautiful history of Academy of Holy Angels.
- Stop one was the Parlor/Library where students prayed for academic success;
- Stop two, the front steps, praying for our AHA alumni;
- Stop three, the exterior entrance to the theater on 66th Street, praying for the arts;
- Stop four, the Star Dome, praying for our Stars athletes;
- Stop five, the boiler house, praying for the laborers;
- Stop six, the St. Joseph statue in the courtyard, praying for the entire Holy Angels community;
- And stop seven, the statues of St. Mary and St. Joseph in the chapel, praying for our families.
After this on-campus pilgrimage, I was reminded how fortunate we are to be a part of such a supportive community. I hope you and your student(s) enjoy the rest of homecoming week and continue to celebrate the AHA spirit not only this week but throughout the year.
In closing, I share the final prayer of the Camino with you:
May God the Father who created you guide your footsteps,
May God the Son who redeemed you share your journey
May God the Holy Spirit who sanctifies you
lead you on life's pilgrimage,
and the blessing of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
be with you wherever you may go.
Academy of Holy Angels