WE WANT YOU TO KNOW
Additional Parent Breakfasts - Be part of it!
If you didn't attend the Parents Breakfasts that were held this fall, we invite you to join us for an inside look at significant initiatives that are being planned to benefit your child. These multiple projects range in scale from curriculum upgrades to major state-of-the-art renovations. Learn more about how you can help these plans become a reality!
- January 23rd, 7:30-8:30 AM - this session is for parents of juniors and seniors
- January 24th, 7:30-8:30 AM - this session is for parents of freshmen and sophomores
Kindly RSVP via email by January 18th so we can plan accordingly.
AP test cost will be added to TADS billing process this month
This is a reminder that if your son or daughter has an AP class, he/she will be taking an AP test in May. The cost for each test is $60.00 and will be collected via TADS beginning in January. The only exception to the TADS collecting process is for International Students. They must work/pay directly with/to the business office c/o Nancy Cullen (612-798-2615). Nancy's office is in the business area on 2nd floor administrative wing. Collections need to be completed by the end of February for test ordering.
Financial aid and scholarship application process; deadlines for 2019-20
It is time to begin planning for the 2019-20 academic year. If you are applying for need-based financial aid and/or scholarship opportunities, please note the following process and deadlines:
- Need-based Financial Aid: The TADS financial aid website is mytads.com. Please complete the application online by January 15, 2019. Families are required to complete an application each year as your need/circumstances may have changed. Both biological parents are required to fill out a financial aid application. You will have an opportunity to update your tax information in March 2019.
- Scholarships for Returning Students: In addition to need-based grants, students may apply for scholarships which are based on financial need and academic achievement, citizenship, and service. To be considered for a scholarship, students must complete the TADS application, the Scholarship application and submit a Teacher Recommendation. Applications are available on our website, under Admissions, under Tuition/Financial Aid, or can be printed here. The deadline to apply for Scholarships is February 1, 2019 . Need a paper copy? Paper copies of the scholarship application and teacher recommendation are available outside the main office.
- Scholarships will be considered for students who are registered for classes by February 8, 2019.
- April 2019: Financial aid/Scholarship letters will be sent to AHA families.Questions about financial aid or scholarships? Contact Nancy Cullen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-798-2615.
2019-20 course registration process begins now
Parents, your son or daughter will begin the registration process for the 2019-20 school year soon. In order for them to request courses, you must respond to the email you will receive from TADS in January and re-enroll your student for the 2019-20 school year. This must be completed by January 19, 2019. If you haven't received email from TADS yet, please call them directly at 612-548-3320. Counselors will visit classrooms the second week in January to discuss the registration process. Viewable copies of documents will be available on the AHA website in January and emailed out to all parents, including a tutorial on how to request courses online.
Seeking Board of Trustees nominations
Interested in serving on the AHA Board of Trustees, or know of someone else who would be a good candidate? If so, please email your nomination now to the Board Governance Committee in care of Chuck Knapp or Mike Steinlage. Candidates selected will be asked to serve a three-year term beginning in August 2019.
AHA is hiring
Academy of Holy Angels has been recognized by the Star Tribune as one of Minnesota’s 2017 and 2018 Top 150 Workplaces. There are recently posted openings for bus drivers on our website. Get more details.
Class of 2023 application deadline
If you haven't already, now is the time to complete incoming ninth grade applications by our January 19, 2019 first round application deadline. We've mailed home important details about deadlines and timeline dates; please let us know if you haven't received them or have any questions. The 8th grade placement exam is also scheduled for Saturday, January 19, 2019. Please RSVP on our website with our thanks.
One final message: please encourage family, friends, coworkers and neighbors to come to AHA. Bring them along with you to a game so they can see our AHA energy in action. Refer them to Meg Angevine or Joe Berg to schedule a tour and visit with us. We love our future STARS!