Spring Greetings, Class of 2022!
Spring, at least by calendar reckoning, is here and the school year is quickly drawing to a close. We are all getting ready for end-of-year events and for you, your 8th grader’s graduation. It’s a big milestone in their lives, and yours too. Congratulations!
I’m writing to keep you updated on what to expect for the next few months as you prepare to enter Academy of Holy Angels for high school. I want you to know about all the opportunities we have over the summer months leading to the start of school.
- Please plan to see Cinderella, our spring musical. It’s a classic, and sure to be a crowd pleaser for the family. Show dates are Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 4/13, 4/14 and 4/15 and again on 4/20, 4/21 and 4/22. Friday and Saturday performances are at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 4 p.m. Here are all the details.
- Starfest, AHA’s annual gala, is coming on Saturday, April 28th, 6 p.m. start. Our theme is Havana Nights, and this is our biggest event of the year. Come mingle with community members, parents, faculty and staff. For more information, please let me know.
- Subject placement tests for those students who are testing in Math, English, Science and/or World Language: You should have received a letter from our Guidance Department with all the details for these tests, including a math study guide. Tests are offered May 15 – 18, begin at 3:30 pm and will last one hour. There is a make-up day for all tests on Tuesday, May 23, again at 3:30 pm. If you have any questions about whether your student should take these tests, please email Sarah Taffe, firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt O’Leary, email@example.com.
- Summer Reading for English classes will be posted on our website by the end of May. Copies of books will be available for loan in our Main Office in mid-June.
- Donald’s Uniforms, AHA’s uniform supplier, is having 10-20% off sales in June. Get more info on their sale. We also have free gently used uniforms here on campus, and I encourage you to stop by in August if you’re interested.
- Summer Experience Camps are offered for 3 weeks in June. Check out details here and register for camps.
- StarPower 2018: Student-athletes, join us on campus for strength training beginning June 11th through July 27th. Click here for more information and to register. This is a wonderful way to meet friends, feel part of the AHA community before school starts and work out.
- Back-to-School packets will be sent home by the end of July, with details about Orientation, First Days of School, etc.
- Study Skills Class is offered the week of July 30 – August 3 at either 9–10:30 am or 10:45 am-12:15 pm. This class is optional and is offered to students who want to brush up on study habits prior to the start of school. Please contact Sarah Taffe, firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Monday, August 6, 7 pm is Fall Sports & Activities Kick Off night. Plan to be here to sign up and learn more about fall activities.
- Freshman Orientation: Thursday, August 16 (evening for parents and students) & Friday, August 17 (morning, just for students). Details will be in our Back-to-School mailing.
- Monday, August 27th: First Day of School
I hope I haven’t overwhelmed you with all these details, but I want you to be informed! Please feel free to reach out to me with questions or to connect you with others who can help.
We are so excited about our Class of 2022—it’s the largest in close to a decade, and students are coming to us from 40 different schools across the metro and suburbs.
God bless each of your graduates, and welcome to the next chapter—as part of the AHA community!