June 18, 2018
From Hennepin County:
66th Street full closure begins Monday between Nicollet and Stevens Avenues.
This closure is for the replacement of underground utilities and road construction. Work is currently anticipated to be completed during daytime hours and the street reopened at 7 p.m. on Friday, June 22, weather permitting. Nicollet and Stevens Avenues will remain open during the closure.
66th Street full closure at the railroad tracks (near Pleasant Avenue) begins Tuesday
This closure is for the replacement of the railroad tracks and underground utilities through the 66th Street crossing. Work is currently anticipated to be completed during daytime hours and the street reopened at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 3, weather permitting.
Click here for further details.
May 24, 2018
From Hennepin County:
Nicollet Avenue intersection closure continues through Tuesday, May 29
- The new roundabout construction at the intersection of Nicollet Avenue (County Road 52) and 66th Street is nearing completion.
- The concrete curb needs to continue to cure over the weekend before the roundabout can be opened traffic. We currently expect the roundabout to open by midafternoon on Tuesday, May 29, weather permitting.
- The roundabout will open initially to a single lane of traffic as crews continue sidewalk work in the immediate area. You should anticipate congestion at the intersection and continue to use posted alternate routes when possible.
66th Street full closure between 2nd and 4th avenues begins Tuesday
- Starting Tuesday, May 29, 66th Street will be closed to people driving vehicles and riding bicycles between 2nd and 4th avenues.
- This closure is for the replacement of underground utilities. Work is currently anticipated to be completed during daytime hours and the street reopened at 7 p.m. on Saturday, June 2, weather permitting.
May 4, 2018
From Hennepin County:
- Roadway removals, replacement of underground utilities, pouring of curbs and gutters and sidewalks and paving the roundabout will occur throughout the three-week closure.
- Please use the signed alternate route via 70th Street, Portland Avenue, 64th Street, 65th Street and Lyndale Avenue.
- Signed pedestrian detours will be available during the work. They may change throughout the course of 3-weeks depending on where work is occurring.
- Crews will be working on Saturdays and Sundays between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The intersection will reopen Tuesday, May 29, weather permitting.
Full closure begins Monday, May 7
66th Street closes at Nicollet Avenue
Starting Monday, May 7, 66th Street will be closed to vehicles and bicyclists at Nicollet Avenue. This closure is needed to construct the new roundabout and for the replacement of underground utilities. Work is currently anticipated to be completed during daytime hours and the intersection reopened on Tuesday, May 29. The schedule is weather dependent.
Below is a map of the closures beginning Monday, May 7 provided by Hennepin County. Read more.
April 30, 2018
Hennepin County has provided us with an update.
Beginning Monday, April 30th through Saturday, May 5
- 66th street will be closed between Clinton and 5th ave.
Beginning Monday, May 7 through Tuesday, May 29th
- The intersection of Nicollet ave and 66th street will be closed as crews construct a new roundabout.
- Pedestrians and car traffic will be detoured and should follow the detour signs or take alternative routes that avoid the closures.
- This closure is expected to last 3 weeks and is projected to be completed before AHA 's Class of 2018 Graduation on June 3.
The schedule is subject to change due to weather.
Read more and see the latest updates at https://www.hennepin.us/66street
April 2, 2018
Re: 66th Street Construction Project - New Construction Start Date
PLAN FOR DELAY AND CONSTRUCTION
Dear AHA Parents:
Hennepin County will be performing work along 66th Street to widen and reconstruct the road and convert the current intersection at Nicollet Avenue and 66th Street from a stop light to a roundabout. Hennepin County had told us repeatedly that the work would not start until after the school year ended and our graduation was completed. We learned just a few days ago, however, that the County has changed its plans without consulting with us. Construction may begin as soon as Monday, April 16th, and will depend on weather conditions.
At some point during construction and as soon as Monday, April 9th, the stop lights at the intersection of 66th Street and Nicollet Avenue will be removed and replaced with four-way stop signs. Traffic may also be detoured and routed along 67th Street and 70th Street. Access to the school will likely be congested and, due to the construction delays, you may see an increase in the amount of time it takes to enter and leave the school. You should expect delays and allow extra time for travel. We will ask the City to provide an extra traffic officer during peak hours to in order to help move things along if needed.
As our lawn becomes a construction site, our first priority is to ensure the safety of our students. We have asked the County to appropriately fence the project and, if necessary, will do so at our own expense. Please advise your children to use caution and stay away from any construction equipment or machinery.
As you can imagine, there is great concern over how the project will affect the Holy Angels campus, and we are working hard to preserve the integrity and beauty of our campus.
We will keep you updated. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Tom Shipley at email@example.com or David Knoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tom Shipley, President