Welcome, Class of 2021! We’re looking forward to the start of our new school year. Orientation is an important first step to gain a more thorough understanding of the AHA Way and to become familiar with our policies and procedures. We welcome both parents and students on Thursday night, and just students on campus on Friday morning.
**We are improving our parking lot and athletic fields. Please follow the signs on where to park.**
Thursday, August 17 - Parents and Students - 5:30 – 7:45 pm
5:30 – 6:00 pm Plan to arrive during this time and come to the Convocation Center main lobby.
- Families may choose to add funds to student lunch accounts. Checks should be payable to Taher Food Service (not to AHA), and Taher representatives will be available to answer questions during this time. See the attached Stars Café pamphlet for specific details.
- Our Student Work Study Coordinator will be available to answer questions about student work opportunities during the year.
- Representatives from Transportation and Student Accounts/Business Office will be available to answer your specific questions.
- The AHA Spirit Store will be open, and Parent Association representatives and AHA Booster Club will be available as well (see enclosed flyers for details).
6:00 pm Program begins. All gather in the gym to begin our evening.
6:20 – 7:30 pm Breakout sessions: Student and parent groups separate.
- Students will receive Chromebooks and technology training and learn about general care, software, etc.
- Parents will hear from AHA administration and faculty about general school operation, student expectations, personal counseling, first weeks of school, homework and technology use. In addition, we’ll introduce the AHA Way, outline volunteer opportunities for parents, and talk about being an AHA ambassador.
- There will be a short break during the evening for socializing and light refreshments for both student and parent groups.
Friday, August 18 – Students only – 8 am – 11:00 am
8:00 - 8:15 am Families may add funds to their student’s lunch account (checks payable to Taher).
8:15 – 11:00 am
The morning will start with a Welcome Brunch in our Courtyard and will continue with basics such as student photos, ID/print cards, finger imaging for Taher’s lunch accounts, hearing from Guidance about Trimester 1 schedules, locker assignments, tours, introducing important people to know, and AHA 101, otherwise known as “The First Six Weeks”. Students will also hear about activities and athletics and ways they can be involved. Our senior Campus Ministry Team members will lead freshmen through many of these activities.
Remember: For School Pictures (LifeTouch Photos): families and students wishing to order photos can follow the instructions to order online. You do not need to return anything on picture day. Families not satisfied with the photos they ordered will have the opportunity to order new pictures on retake day in September.