The 2017 AHA Prom on Saturday, May 20, at the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, is an exciting event for students.
General Prom Information
- Prom tickets are $115 per couple and go on sale Monday May 8.
- Students are to be in school on Friday, May 19, and Monday, May 22. There is no school-approved skip day associated with Prom or any other event.
- Juniors and seniors are welcome to attend the dance.
- Freshmen and sophomores may attend if they are the date of a Holy Angels junior or senior.
- The Grand March is optional. Students who participate in the Grand March must be in the Theater at 5:30 p.m.
- The Grand March begins at 5:45 p.m. in the gym.
- The dance is held at the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel. A social begins at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m. Prom ends at 11 p.m. Students must arrive to the Prom by 7 p.m., or they will not be admitted.
- In the week leading up to the dance, messages dedicated to making Prom a safe and chemical-free experience for everyone will be delivered. PSA messages and posters will address the dangers and consequences or distracted and impaired driving. There will also be a special broadcast to the community from Mr. Melhorn and Mr. Gunderson, Junior Class Advisor. The week will culminate in a "No Means No" presentation by SAFE and Sgt. Zervos of the State Patrol will speak to the student body reinforcing the dangers of distracted driving.
- The Prom Attendance Form is composed of a Non-Use Pledge/ Emergency Contact/Non-Holy Angels Student Guest Registration. Holy Angels students and parents must sign the non-use pledge and provide an emergency contact before the student may purchase prom tickets. If a Holy Angels student is bringing a guest from another school, the guest must complete the entire form. This requires the guest to complete all three portions of the form, submit the form to their high school, and have the form faxed to Holy Angels. Holy Angels fax number is on the form.
AHA is clear concerning expectations for behavior at the Prom and will enforce these expectations. We strongly encourage students and parents to see the Student and Parent Handbook and read the Dances and Chemical Health policies. Along these lines of expectations, we also expect dress for our young men and women to be appropriate and modest in taste. Parents, please help us help our students make good decisions about their formal apparel.
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel is a tobacco-free facility; no tobacco use will be tolerated.
We want Prom to be fun, safe, and sober for your child, just as you do. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the school at 612.798.2600.