The AHA Way program is in its 8th year and will be awarded the MISF 2017 Program award on April 30th, 2017. Read more. On Thursday, March 23rd, as a part of AHA's weekly convocation, the AHA Way student committee honored students and staff as AHA Way Heroes.
The entire student body participated in a homeroom activity to nominate students and staff for this honor. Here are excerpts from some of the nominations:
- Mowana always has a smile and a friendly greeting.
- Mrs. McB is constantly showing students her example. She shared Thankful Thursday with her students and they shared their gratitude with the whole school.
- Griffin helped with my homework and he is always positive. He doesn't let challenges stop him from doing the right thing and he is a good friend.
- Lilly is very kind and inclusive of others. She is always willing to help and very encouraging. She doesn't talk bad about anyone.
- Holly made me feel important and helped me gain confidence in myself.
- Brennan works every day to ensure that everyone around him is able to have a good time while also ensuring that he is the best version of himself.
- Armstrong was my first friend in this school. He was so friendly and so I liked him.
- Mr. Ruhland is well known for his easy going manner and this way challenges students to do their best.
- Savannah always helps her partner in Spanish class. Her "can do" demeanor has rubbed off on other students.
- Amber embodies the AHA Way because she is always kind to everyone. She constantly asks how you are doing, how your after school activity is going and how school is going.