Enrollment/”Pre-Registration” Process for the 2016-2017 School Year (Returning students only)
Dear Parents and Students,
Please review this information together. We have automated the registration process almost entirely. Please review the steps for successful registration this year.
FIRST – Enrollment “Pre-Registration”
Enrollment is the “Pre-Registration” process that allows a student to be enabled to request classes for the upcoming school year. It is done through TADS.
- Parents will receive an email from TADS notifying them to enroll for the 2016-2017 school year. If you do not receive an email by January 16th, please contact TADS at 612-548-3320.
- This enrollment process will have you updatethe contact information and pay via electronic check or credit card the $330 enrollment fee and sign off on the AUP, AHA Way and the Student & Parent Handbook.
- The deadline to complete enrollment/pre-registration is Monday, January 25th. Your child will not be able to select courses online beginning Friday, January 29th without completing this step. Because staffing decisions are made based on registration numbers, the registration fee will increase to $430 after February 1, 2016.
- Parents will receive a follow-up email from TADS by April prompting them to complete the tuition payment agreement.
SECOND – After completing the enrollment payment with TADS, your child is ready to select classes.
- Review the Program of Studies 2016-17 online with detailed course descriptions. You will not receive a hard copy of the Program. Using the online Program of Studies and the paper course request sheet (see below), you and your student should work together to request courses. Circle course preferences on the course request sheet, so the student knows what to register for online when they get to homeroom. Registration will begin the night of Friday, January 29th at which time students may select courses from home. Students will also be able/encouraged to select classes in school during a “D” schedule on Feb 2nd.
- The student will log on to NetClassroom to officially request courses. Students will receive course selection guidance and instructions for registering online from counselors during sessions in school on January 11th -15th. View a tutorial.
THIRD - Confirm course selection
Parents will receive course selection confirmation by letter in March. If there’s an error or your student wishes to make a change, he or she must contact the Guidance Department by March 29th (Brian Parlet 612-798-2638; Sarah Taffe 612-798-2654; Gina Meacham 612-798-2626). Any desired changes for the 2016-2017 school year made after March 29th of 2016, will incur a schedule change fee of $35.00. The $35.00 schedule change fee will be assessed now and throughout the ’16– ’17 school year.
*Parents…course requests are not a guarantee of a confirmed class schedule. Building the master schedule continues into the summer until mid-August at which time parents and students may view schedules online.
COURSE REQUEST SHEETS
Click on the links or the images below for a printable grade course request sheet. Please note that these are for planning purposes only. The requests will be entered online.
Vew the tutorial below for screenshots to help you with online registration once you have filled out course request sheet.