Academy of Holy Angels offers bus transportation to and from certain areas. The fee charged varies depending on the distance the bus must travel.
Signing up for bus service is done when registering your student through TADS.
Once the school year has started refunds will be handled as follows:
- 100% refund during or before the first week of school
- 75% refund the second week of school
- 50% refund the third week of school
- 25% refund the fourth week of school
- No refunds will be made after October 1
A family beginning bus transportation during the school year will be billed for transportation from the beginning of the term in which they enroll.
Students arriving on a late bus must sign in at the Convocation Center lobby desk and list arrival time. Although the tardy is excused, a tardy slip is necessary in keeping accurate attendance records. The student must proceed to their class as soon as possible after arriving to school.
All students driving a vehicle must have a permit to park in AHA and St. Peter's parking lots. All students must register their vehicle with the transportation office for parking, furnishing name, license number on vehicle and make/model of vehicle. Parking permits sell out every year. Chances are high that no spots will be available after the initial lottery. A fee of $150 will be charged for a parking permit. The fee for a parking permit purchased at the beginning of the 2nd trimester is $100, the fee at the beginning of the 3rd trimester is $50. The parking permits are assigned randomly in August, one week before the start of school. Students will be issued a numbered parking sticker on a hanger, which must be hung from the rearview mirror. Students must park in their assigned spot. It is not first come, first served. Parking without a sticker, or failing to display it on the rearview mirror, or parking in another spot, will result in a $25 fine. The following regulations must be observed:
- Students parking in the AHA parking lot must enter and exit using the stoplight at the intersection of 67th St. and Nicollet Ave. Students parking in St. Peter's lot must enter and exit from Wentworth Ave. Travel between St. Peter's lot and the AHA driveway is not allowed. Students must follow the directions of individuals monitoring traffic flow during peak times.
- Students must leave vehicles and the parking lot immediately upon arrival and cannot return until dismissal from school.
- Students are expected to observe the campus speed limit of 10 miles per hour at all times. This includes the driveway and St. Peter's parking lot. All city speed limits are to be observed.
- State law requires and Holy Angels strongly encourages students to wear their seatbelts at all times.
- State law requires and Holy Angels strongly encourages students to not use their cell phones when driving.
- Students driving more than one vehicle must transfer the hanger to the vehicle being parked to avoid being fined.
- Students are to park in a way that does not obstruct other cars entering or leaving the parking lot. Please occupy only one space.
- Parking will be available in St. Peter's parking lot by permit.
- The volume of a car radio/stereo cannot disturb classes, athletic practices, or the neighborhood adjacent to the school's property.
- The school reserves the right to search any vehicle parked in any of the parking spaces supervised by the school.
- AHA is not liable for damage to a vehicle parked on campus resulting from an accident or vandalism.
Consequences for violating parking regulations
Consequences for parking without a parking permit is a $25 fine. Consequences for parking and driving violations are determined at the discretion of the Dean of Students and can include, but are not limited to:
- A fine
- Detention, and/or
- Suspension of parking privileges.
Procedures for waiting at the bus stop, getting on, and leaving the bus
Waiting at the bus stop:
- Get to your bus stop five to ten minutes before your scheduled pick-up time
- Respect the property of others while waiting for the bus
- Stay away from the street while waiting for the bus
Getting on the bus
- Stand several feet back from where the bus will stop
- Wait for the bus to stop and doors to open before moving forward to get on the bus
- Use the handrail when boarding the bus
- Take a seat quickly. It is not safe to be standing when the bus begins to move
Rules for riding the bus
- Follow the driver's instructions
- Sit in your seat facing forward
- Talk quietly and use appropriate language
- Keep all parts of your body inside the bus.
- Treat others with respect--no fighting, harassing, intimidating, or horseplay
- Keep your arms, legs, and belongings to your self
- Do not throw any object
- Do not damage the school bus in any way
- Eating, drinking and gum-chewing are not allowed on the bus
- Please do your part to keep the bus clean
Leaving the bus
- Leave the bus in an orderly manner
- Use the handrail when getting off the bus
- After getting off the bus, move away from the bus
- If you have to cross the road at your bus stop, cross in front of the bus
The bus "danger zone"
The bus "danger zone" is the area within ten feet of the school bus in all directions. The area in front of the bus and near the rear wheels is the most dangerous. If you can touch the bus you are too close! Stay out of the danger zone.
Consequences for inappropriate bus behavior
The consequences for inappropriate behavior on school buses include, but are not limited to:
- Suspension, and/or
- Denial of bus-riding privileges.
(6/15/09mn; 5/07/10mn; 6/14/11, 7/26/17ga; 6/27/18 cd; 6/19/20 cd; 7/22/21 cd)