Registration & Re-enrollment
Re-Enrollment Process for the 2018-2019 School Year
(Returning students only)
Dear Parents and Students,
Please review this information together. We have automated the registration process almost entirely. Please review the steps for successful registration this year.
First –Enrollment “Pre-Registration”
Enrollment is the “Pre-Registration” process that allows a student to be enabled to request classes for the upcoming school year. It is done through TADS.
- Parents received an email from TADS notifying them to enroll for the 2018-2019 school year. If you did not receive an email, please contact TADS at 612-548-3320.
- This enrollment process will have you updatethe contact information and pay via electronic check or credit card the $330 enrollment fee and sign off on the AUP, AHA Way and the Student & Parent Handbook.
- The deadline to complete enrollment/pre-registration is January 20th. Your child will not be able to select courses online beginning Wednesday, January 24th without completing this step. Because staffing decisions are made based on registration numbers, the registration fee will increase to $430 after February 1, 2018.
- Parents will receive a follow-up email from TADS by April prompting them to complete the tuition payment agreement.
Second – After completing the enrollment payment with TADS, your child is ready to select classes.
- The Program of Studies 2018-19 is posted online (under the academics tab on the AHA homepage) with detailed course descriptions. You will not receive a hard copy of the Program. Using the online Program of Studies and the paper course request sheet, you and your student should work together to request courses. Circle course preferences on the course request sheet, so the student knows what to register for online when they get to homeroom. Students should have 7 classes circled for each trimester. Registration will begin the night of Wednesday, January 24th at which time students may select courses from home. Students will also be able/encouraged to select classes in school during a “D” schedule on January 30th
- The student will log on to NetClassroom to officially request courses. Students will receive course selection guidance and instructions for registering online from counselors during sessions in school on January 8th -12th. You can also find a tutorial below for how to do online registration.
Third – Parents will receive course selection confirmation by letter in early March. If there’s an error or your student wishes to make a change, he or she must contact the Guidance Department by March 22nd (Matt O’Leary 612-798-2638; Sarah Taffe 612-798-2654; Gina Meacham 612-798-2626). Any desired changes for the 2018-2019 school year made after March 22nd, 2018 will incur a schedule change fee of $35.00. The $35.00 schedule change fee will be assessed now and throughout the ’18– ’19 school year.
*Parents…course requests are not a guarantee of a confirmed class schedule. Building the master schedule continues into the summer until mid-August at which time parents and students may view schedules online.
Registration Schedule for 2018 –2019 courses
Dates in blue apply to incoming 9th graders only
- January 3 – 19: Applications for Advanced/AP courses accepted
- January 4: AP meeting for parents 7:30am - Annex
- January 5: AP meeting for students during Homeroom – Theater
- January 8: Parents encouraged to call TADS if they did not receive email (612-548-3320)
- January 8–12: Counselors visit classrooms and talk about the registration process, Departments talk about course offerings in classes
- January 12: Course Request Sheets passed out during homeroom , other information emailed home
- January 19: Deadline for Advanced/AP course applications
- January 20: Deadline for completing TADS Enrollment (Pre-Registration) process, which enables your son/daughter to request classes
- January 20: Class of 2022 applications due in Admissions (First round, rolling thereafter)
- January 20: Class of 2022 Placement Exam (HSPT) (9:00 am start time)
- January 23: Class of 2022 Make-Up Placement Exam (3:30 pm)
- January 24: Begin Online registration for returning students
- January 30: “D” schedule for Registration (CMT mentors help in 9th grade homerooms)
- February 9: End online registration for current students
- February 14: Class of 2022 Admissions decisions are mailed out
- February 21: Class of 2022 TADS registration is due prior to 9th grade registration
- February 21: Incoming 9th grade registration (Class of 2022) 4:30 – 6:00 pm
- February 26: Begin process of sending out course requests for Parental Review
- March 22: Deadline for parents of returning students to review course requests and notify Guidance of any changes