Tips for AP Testing
As we approach the testing week, here are some essential reminders for students:
- Students need to be waiting in line by the testing site by 7:40 (or 11:40 for afternoon tests). Actual testing begins at 7:45 am and 11:45 am. Students should leave their backpacks and belongings in their locker, unless noted below.
- Cell phones are prohibited…tell your students not to bring them. Proctors will double check the day of the test.
- Students need to bring a black pen in addition to pencils. Bring more than one pencil.
- Keep snacks small and clean. Students will be given a break in the middle for stretching and bathroom use, etc. They may bring a small snack for themselves if desired, but snacks and drinks must be small and left on the side table. Water may be kept on the floor under their table.
- Students are expected to be in attendance for the test even if they have conflicting extra-curricular activities. Every student in every AP class is scheduled to test (AP Spanish is the only exception due to it being a four-year preparation period).
- Students cannot forgo the test in favor of a softball game/tournament or similar event.
- Students who do not show up for the test forfeit the opportunity to test.
- Students may be out of uniform for the testing day. Remind them to bring a sweater as it may be cold in the testing room.
- Students who have consecutive tests within a two day period may be allowed to not attend the remaining classes following or preceding an AP test on those days, if they bring a note from their parents allowing this.