About AHA: Our Mission & Catholic Identity
The mission of the Academy of Holy Angels is to educate and nurture a diverse student population so that each student, as a whole person, may achieve full potential to excel intellectually, to live spiritually, to lead responsibly, to act justly, and to serve selflessly.
The AHA Community
The Academy of Holy Angels is a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory high school community in Richfield, Minnesota, consisting of students, professional staff, parents, alumni and friends who are actively committed to a common goal: educating each student for life. Mindful that each of us is created in God's image, we respect each other, we serve those in need, we embrace each other's differences, and we are welcoming to those who wish to interact with our community. AHA nurtures students to become confident, prepared, connected in faith, and ready for college and life.
The AHA Way
- Help Others and Ourselves Succeed: We act with integrity and serve as role models for those around us
- Be Part of the Solution: When we see a problem, we own that problem and work on solutions
- Communicate "You Matter": We focus on ensuring that our words and actions let others know they are valued
- Honor the Absent: We avoid gossip
Members of AHA's community value:
- Leadership, Academic Rigor and Individual Excellence: We expect continuous growth and leadership in students and staff. We actively engage students in rich and rigorous college-preparatory learning opportunities and cocurricular opportunities. We actively engage staff in meaningful leadership and professional development opportunities to meet the school’s strategic goals.
- Faith and Spirituality: We are a Catholic faith community dedicated to the message and example of Jesus Christ.
- Welcoming Community: We welcome people of all faiths and backgrounds by creating a spirit of community among students, parents, staff, alumni and friends of AHA.
- Service: In the spirit of our founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, we model Christ’s message of service and encourage and provide numerous opportunities to serve others.
- Respect: We expect that staff, students and parents treat each other with respect and embrace and celebrate the uniqueness of cultures and of individuals.
- Personal Attention: We strive to know our students individually. We care for the well‐being of each of them.
- Partnership with Parents: We see parents as a support system in the students’ educational experiences.
- Safe Environment: We provide a physically and emotionally safe environment for all members of the Holy Angels community.
The Academy of Holy Angels has been an accredited institution since 1933 and currently receives its accreditation through AdvancED. More information can be found on their website: www.advanc-ed.org
An AHA Extra: Learn what it means to "Matter" at AHA