Want to know about service opportunities for AHA students? Here are all the details
Welcome to Holy Angels Admissions
What our families are saying:
"We are currently on our third child at Academy of Holy Angels and couldn’t be happier about the decision to send all three to this wonderful institution. It all started when our oldest son was in eighth grade. He started attending athletic and theater events at AHA with a good friend of his whose older siblings attended. He soon started to talk a lot about the school and how comfortable he felt when he was there. He was currently attending a large public school and this middle-sized setting felt comfortable for him. We started out touring the school and talked to the faculty and administration, and everything fell into place from there. The smaller classroom size gave the academic attention that our son needed to keep him focused. And the athletic programs allowed him to excel and become a captain in two different sports. As a family, we have felt this is one of the best decisions we have ever made for our kids."
Dean, Janell, Kevin (’14), Tommy (’16) and Jason (’18) Kraus
Academy of Holy Angels is a welcoming Catholic, coeducational, college-preparatory high school located in Richfield, Minnesota. AHA students strive to reach their God-given potential by achieving, leading and serving. Our motto is BELIEVE. ACHIEVE! Our dedicated faculty, staff, coaches and moderators partner with parents to mentor our students to achieve their goals.
AHA enrolls over 620 students in ninth through twelfth grades. Our students come to us from across the Twin Cities and neighboring suburbs, and bring diverse cultural, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds to our AHA community. Our location in Richfield is literally the junction between city and suburbia. Our reach is world-wide, and for the 2016-17 school year, we welcome 50 international students from seven different countries. We are truly diverse in so many wonderful ways!
We hope you find our admissions pages useful and enjoyable. However, there is no substitute for campus visits. Whether you come to an Open House as a family, your student comes for a school-day visit, you schedule a campus family tour, or other special event, our doors are open to you and your family. We are looking forward to seeing you!
We want parents to experience the AHA Way, and offer Parent Observations. Please reserve a spot during the morning to observe classrooms and see AHA academics through the lens of a student. We schedule these parent visits each month, from 8:00 until 9:30. Please refer to our Visit page to learn more about these opportunities.
Our entire school community is standing ready to help you become a STAR! Complete an online inquiry here - this will ensure you receive updates and mailings from the AHA Admissions Office.
Please have a look at the AHA Shopping List which can be a useful tool in comparing AHA with some of your other high school options.
- Our average class size is 21 students
- 13:1 student:teacher ratio
- We offer 17 AP classes, and 4 world languages (Spanish, French, German, Mandarin)
- More than 98% of our graduates go directly to a 4 year college; others choose 2 year colleges, military service or postpone college attendance for a year.
- 96% of our students participate in over 68 sports and activities (something for everyone, and we strongly encourage our students to participate fully!)
- The AHA average ACT score for the Class of 2016 is 27 (the national average is 21.1 and MN average is 22.7). 97% of the senior class took this test, so this average is particularly impressive!
- We offer a strong STEM Diploma and Robotics Team.
- Our technology initiative puts a Chromebook into the hands of every student, and our tech support, training and sophisticated software enable each student.
- 38% of AHA students receive tuition assistance and/or scholarships (AHA has a strong commitment to make tuition affordable)
- Our Theater School is recognized internationally as a top performing arts program. Click here to learn more!
Interested in learning more?